The Simple AI Routine That Saves Me Hours Every Week
This image might look fairly relatable. In this day and age, there is SOOO much that can pull our focus.
For many people, the increasing pressure to adopt AI tools as a way to increase productivity in businesses has been a scary and overwhelming change.
There is confusion from all levels of organisations on the right way to implement the use of AI in business. A lot of it is experimentation and youtubing tutorials for different prompt ideas to help with everything from process flows to creative initiatives.
When it comes to AI there is so much potential and so many pathways to expand and explore, you could easily spend your day down a rabbit hole of Generated response content, and find yourself with more information than your brain knows how to process.
Truthfully when I started using it, I found myself having complete mind blanks on what exactly I'd achieved in a single day. I couldn't tell you the prompts I'd used, the tasks I'd worked on, or recall any of the information I'd been deeply entrenched in.
So, I started searching for solutions to help me be smarter with the way I was using it. Rather than creating a spiderweb of different chats that I had no idea what was what, I started to record the prompts I was using regularly.
As a result of this, I wanted to share a little hack of my own.
How I prompt AI on a daily basis to save me hours every week:
I have two questions I ask Microsoft Copilot either at the end of the day, or the start of the work week that help me to focus and channel my energy more productively:
1. What did I do today / last week?
Copilot has the ability to operate in your work environment, capture any emails you've sent or may have pending, teams messages etc. It may not capture the offline stuff, but I'll often add a few bars of my own thoughts to this prompt if there's anything I've done offline that is important to capture as well.
Copilot then produces a concise summary of all the tasks I've tackled, and categorises them into different types of activity, as well as gives me a productivity checker so I can gage where I'm at.
2. Can you timeblock my day tomorrow/today?
Depending on if it's the end of the day and I'm setting up for the next day, or the start of the week and I'm setting up for the day, Copilot will then structure my day according to pending tasks it can see, and any additional tasks I let it know that I have on (again, I'll sometimes add a few thoughts to this prompt to ensure that everything is captured).
Do you have other helpful prompts like these for organisation? Comment below your favourite prompts!
#AI #AIforbusiness #StepstoSuccess



Comments
Post a Comment