Silence.

Silence. It can be deadly. It can be peaceful. It can be the calm between the storms. 

Silence can be lonely, isolating and yet mesmerising. 

Have you ever tried just listening to silence?

I would say I could hear it now if it weren't for the click-clack of the keys on my laptop as I pour out these thoughts about Silence. 

It's the ultimate best friend. Someone who will listen and devour your deepest and darkest thoughts. 

Silence is a nightmare and a dream on the opposite sides of a coin. 

I fear the silence, for in it I can hear my own thoughts. I can be driven mad by it.

I wake each day dreaming of silence. The time at the end of a long day when there are no demands, no voices, no work left to be done. Just peaceful aloneness. 

If you say it aloud you've already lost it.

Silence. I surrender to you. Take the words from my mouth and the voice from my throat. I have nothing left inside
that would be worthy of disrupting you.

Comments

Popular Posts