-World Breastfeeding Week: 1st-7th August-

I'm a bit late with this post, but it took me some time to gather my feelings into a stream (pun intended) of flowing words on this topic. 


It's such a strange world to live in, being a mum.

You go through so many things that you never imagined prior to having that title 'mum'.

Your experiences are completely unique to your situation. Well-meaning people try to offer all sorts of advice, this and that, things that worked for them, things they've heard worked for others.

As a mum, you're sometimes made to feel guilty for the things you do and guilty for the things you don't do. Some days you just can not win, although you smile and continue to try. Because you have to. Because it's in your nature to keep going. 

Breastfeeding.
I'm a lucky mum. I managed to successfully breastfeed both of my boys.

I'm a lucky mum.
I'm a martyr. I persevered for 2 months with Tobias before it finally felt comfortable. Why not give up? Make your life easier?

I'm a lucky mum.
I'm a martyr.
I'm selfish. If he won't take a bottle, how is anybody else supposed to help you feed him? It took 6 months before Tobias was comfortable with formula and breast combination. Finneas is 4 months and having 1 bottle of formula per day now. He takes it well and we'll increase this soon.



Other mum's reading this, who've had different experiences to mine. I hear you. I feel you. And whatever you did to get your bubby(s) fed. You are amazing. #fedisbest

Thanks to all the understanding people in our lives. Mums sometimes feel invisible. Like we've given birth and now our jobs done.

Thank you to the true support and love from family and friends in my life who may not fully understand what I've gone through but who support me anyways and make me feel loved. Xx

Comments

Popular Posts