What was the first App you ever downloaded? & My top 10 Business/Mum Apps of 2019.
2019... what can I say? You've been the best most amazing part of my journey to date! 2018 you were pretty good too he he. *wink wink*
I am having so much fun with my little bub, getting back into work, playing in a new and exciting business. It really has been quite unbelievable and I have to say, it couldn't be done without apps!
Don't you remember the first app you ever downloaded? What was yours? Myspace? yep, that was mine...
Urbanspoon? Facebook? Looking back over the years, there are many that have stuck, but so many that we've probably forgotten about. What were their names again?
I've recently been on a quest to find more useful tools to run the business and with the help of a few friends and hours and hours searching ridiculous keywords and phrases in the Google Play app store I think I have quite a few new faves, also some of these are tools I've discovered super helpful as a new mum. And of course I wanted to share it, because you deserve to know that they exist! <3
10. Anxiety Hypnosis - Okay, so I mentioned Hypnobirthing in my positive birth story. Breathing and hypnosis techniques that helped me through labor. I found it super helpful and decided to continue practising to this day to deal with my anxiety. This app actually is the best one I found for simple guided meditation. I would often wake up in a daze after this, feeling really rested.
9. Baby Sparks - dut- duut- duut dut dut dut.... haha nah, but seriously. I love this app because I can
look up bubs age and check the average milestones for that age group, as well as suggested activities for us to do together. :)
8. Later - it posts to instagram for you. Later.

7. Authy Two-factor Authentication - do you have super important documents saved in your dropbox? Don't want other users logging in to your accounting software? Take the extra precautionary step. This is the only app I would recommend, not because I really like it that much. But in today's world you have gotta do this!
6. White Noise for Baby - so you know the white noise that used to occur when your TV antenna was busted? Well they have an app to recreate this noise now. It also does the humble hairdryer, the washing machine, the car engine and a bunch of others. You can put it on while your bub is having their bottle or when you put them to bed and honestly I feel like this app has saved my sanity. And also put me to bed a few times too!
5. Peptalkher - This app is for any woman who needs a hand recording/tracking their wins at work. It's so important to know how much you are worth to a company that may not necessarily be doing things in your best interest. You should be comfortable asking for a raise, more responsibility, and or bonuses. If you don't think you are being given the opportunity to step up and increase your earning potential, you need to be able to refer back to your achievements.
4. Repost for Instagram - Gosh the amount of videos I watch and for ages I was like... but how do I post that and reference the original poster? I want to spread the awesomeness. Repost for instagram allows you to go in, copy the text and the post (with a watermark). It does the work for you so all you have to do is add your own spiel at the start & hit post :) AMAZING!
3. Happy Color - Colour by Numbers. Yep I am an Adult Child who really thoroughly enjoys clicking shapes and turning them colours. I find this app to be very inspiring for design work. You can save the images for colour palettes. The patterns of colours are what keep me coming back to this app. If I miss a few days I will feel some type of way. I get really inspired to do my creative things, the more I use this app.
2. Video Crop & Trim- how many times have you asked someone to just take a quick vid on their phone for you (because if you're a performer/instructor it's not as if you can be down there filming yourself). And they take it on an angle or from such a distance, you're like... did you even think I wanted to use this footage? Like bitches seriously I look like a f***ing ant! That's me, I'm bitches. I take terrible video half the time. Good at some things, not so good at video.
This App has been the best honest to god almost my favourite app in the universe. I mean it does reduce the quality a little depending on how much you zoom in, but honestly I can crop/zoom to the size I want!! <3
NUMBER 1!
Asana - Project management (Thanks Genevieve!). Gen you changed my life with this app. I've never been more organised or felt more in control of my to do lists. Mainly because now, they are all in one place! This is my favourite find of 2019.
Tell me yours in the comments below!
I am having so much fun with my little bub, getting back into work, playing in a new and exciting business. It really has been quite unbelievable and I have to say, it couldn't be done without apps!
Don't you remember the first app you ever downloaded? What was yours? Myspace? yep, that was mine...
![]() |
| Dorky & cryptic message original Myspace profile pic. *Shudders* |
Urbanspoon? Facebook? Looking back over the years, there are many that have stuck, but so many that we've probably forgotten about. What were their names again?
I've recently been on a quest to find more useful tools to run the business and with the help of a few friends and hours and hours searching ridiculous keywords and phrases in the Google Play app store I think I have quite a few new faves, also some of these are tools I've discovered super helpful as a new mum. And of course I wanted to share it, because you deserve to know that they exist! <3
10. Anxiety Hypnosis - Okay, so I mentioned Hypnobirthing in my positive birth story. Breathing and hypnosis techniques that helped me through labor. I found it super helpful and decided to continue practising to this day to deal with my anxiety. This app actually is the best one I found for simple guided meditation. I would often wake up in a daze after this, feeling really rested.
9. Baby Sparks - dut- duut- duut dut dut dut.... haha nah, but seriously. I love this app because I can
look up bubs age and check the average milestones for that age group, as well as suggested activities for us to do together. :)
8. Later - it posts to instagram for you. Later.

![]() |
| Authy 2-factor Authentication |
7. Authy Two-factor Authentication - do you have super important documents saved in your dropbox? Don't want other users logging in to your accounting software? Take the extra precautionary step. This is the only app I would recommend, not because I really like it that much. But in today's world you have gotta do this!
6. White Noise for Baby - so you know the white noise that used to occur when your TV antenna was busted? Well they have an app to recreate this noise now. It also does the humble hairdryer, the washing machine, the car engine and a bunch of others. You can put it on while your bub is having their bottle or when you put them to bed and honestly I feel like this app has saved my sanity. And also put me to bed a few times too!
5. Peptalkher - This app is for any woman who needs a hand recording/tracking their wins at work. It's so important to know how much you are worth to a company that may not necessarily be doing things in your best interest. You should be comfortable asking for a raise, more responsibility, and or bonuses. If you don't think you are being given the opportunity to step up and increase your earning potential, you need to be able to refer back to your achievements.
4. Repost for Instagram - Gosh the amount of videos I watch and for ages I was like... but how do I post that and reference the original poster? I want to spread the awesomeness. Repost for instagram allows you to go in, copy the text and the post (with a watermark). It does the work for you so all you have to do is add your own spiel at the start & hit post :) AMAZING!
3. Happy Color - Colour by Numbers. Yep I am an Adult Child who really thoroughly enjoys clicking shapes and turning them colours. I find this app to be very inspiring for design work. You can save the images for colour palettes. The patterns of colours are what keep me coming back to this app. If I miss a few days I will feel some type of way. I get really inspired to do my creative things, the more I use this app.
2. Video Crop & Trim- how many times have you asked someone to just take a quick vid on their phone for you (because if you're a performer/instructor it's not as if you can be down there filming yourself). And they take it on an angle or from such a distance, you're like... did you even think I wanted to use this footage? Like bitches seriously I look like a f***ing ant! That's me, I'm bitches. I take terrible video half the time. Good at some things, not so good at video.
This App has been the best honest to god almost my favourite app in the universe. I mean it does reduce the quality a little depending on how much you zoom in, but honestly I can crop/zoom to the size I want!! <3
NUMBER 1!
Asana - Project management (Thanks Genevieve!). Gen you changed my life with this app. I've never been more organised or felt more in control of my to do lists. Mainly because now, they are all in one place! This is my favourite find of 2019.
Tell me yours in the comments below!












Comments
Post a Comment